year old, almost three year old and a three month old is crazy! So while I
feel creative juices are still hiding somewhere in the deep recesses of my
brain, I thought I would let those who do follow this blog know that, yes, I
am still alive and will continue to write.
This is a status report on my crazy, wonderful life.
- House - despite desperate efforts, still a disaster zone.
- dishes - not too bad.
- common areas - cluttered with toys.
- my bedroom - scary.
- kids bedrooms - not as scary.
- laundry - you don't want to know.
- yard - yikes!
- Children - all are well, and in never ending growth spurts.
- Avalon -
- loves Pre-Kindergarden.
- thinks five years old is the new fifteen.
- broke her arm over the summer.
- will not climb the monkey bars for a while.
- James -
- enjoys two mornings of preschool during the week.
- knows more species of dinos than the average adult.
- is not potty trained yet (will start to tackle that next month).
- is not yet three, but most people think he's four.
- started teething at ten weeks.
- is sleeping through the night!
- is wearing 6-12 month clothes at three months.
- is rolling over and cooing, so cute.
- Husband - is still sane but threatening a vasectomy.
- I -
- am chronically sleep deprived.
- have about two minutes a day to myself.
- have about 200 emails waiting in my inbox.
- feel like my social life is on hold.
- haven't written in far too long.
- am a little worried I've forgotten everything I've learned about writing children's stories.
- know that even though this is a crazy time of my life, it's also wonderful and must be enjoyed to the fullest.
- know that God is faithful and gives me the strength to do all I have to do every day.
- am starting to cook up some new stories and hope to have some one-on-one time with my laptop soon.
"Praise the Lord. Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His steadfast love
endures forever!" Psalm 106:1